Wayback Wednesday

A video sent in quite awhile ago by fuzzy-dunlop that I decided to save for a rainy day…well, it’s raining!

This happened in Marseille, France during a tournament in February, 2006. It was Rafa’s first tournament after a foot injury. Only Rafa could get stung under his shirt while playing tennis indoors in the middle of winter. Let’s hope his next return to the tour isn’t visited by any bees!

Posted by ninzninz3.

*flove* this! Thanks miri.

Bloody typical, first match after injury and you get stung by a bee. Poor Rafa, I’ll rub some…whatever it is you rub on bee stings, on your tummy.

Can’t help but think what would have happened if the bee went inside his shorts. Or pants even!

2. johanne says:

I also volunteer for the rubbing of product on Rafa’s bod!

Awww, wasn’t Rafa set to play Clement in the 1st round of Wimby this year?

*sniff*
    *sniff sniff*
    *sniff sniff sniff*
    *sobs*

3. An says:

Aaawww, poor Rafa!

But could you blame that bee, if i where a bee and i had the chance…

4. AnaR says:

Yes, I say the same of you, An.. Very amusing this video!

5. alik says:

Thank you Miri for the video…very good idea.The sun will eventually come out again(lol)

Some people say they want to be a fly on the wall. I want to be a bee on Rafa’s chest.

7. Debbie says:

Lucky Bee.

8. nic says:

poor rafa, what are the odds!! and that was a pretty huge bee too. yeah like you guys said, can’t blame the bee, if i were that bee i’d definitely go for rafa’s abs :) poor rafa looked so miffed at the whole incident!

9. June says:

I just flove this video — if I were a bee, I’d have to go for the face (lips) & then he would have that bee-stung look about him (LOL) ha, ha — it’s Wednesday, hump day here in the good old USA :-)

I’ve had such a crap day at work today, so it’s great to come here and think about which part of Rafa’s bee stung body I would like to rub with product.
    Now that he is not playing any tennis that I can comment on, I mean… ;)

Anyway, thanks miri, for helping me forget about work! (WHY can’t I win the lottery!?)

11. loverafa4ever says:

I have actually seen this before. Did he win this match? Coz he is shaking hand with the chair umpire before clement. and that bee was really huge.

• Courtney says:

I think he lost that one, sadly… damn bee (among other injuries)!

It says in the vid that Clement got a crucial break at 5-5 in the deciding set and then went on to serve it out. So yes, Clement won. It was the semi-final – not bad for a first tournament after an injury. Even better was the next tournament…

12. sia says:

OMG natch you make me laugh out loud !! People are staring at me wondering … but then he may have had to remove his bottoms. hee hee . I think Rafa’s a bit of a nature boy (growing up on an island and all … probably a bit of nudity doesn’t really matter much to him.) This site is starting to develop some very strong tendencies; I think Rafael better start playing some tennis soon before we all need restraining orders.

13. Lou Lou says:

Hi all. No, I don’t think he did, loverafa4ever. I don’t remember the actual score but Nadal was leading initially, then the bee incident occurred… I guess he lost his concentration, which allowed his opponent to get back in the game. Nadal as usual fought hard but alsa lost.

14. June says:

Well that’s funny a restraining order — then we’ll all be in trouble &have some explaining to do, no! . . . since I’ve worked in legal for years w/the courts I’ve dealt with them a lot. I didn’t mean to offend anyone earlier when I made the comment about the bee-stung lips (I actually prefer the thinner ones like RAFA has as they are perfect the way they are on him along w/everything else not to mention the parts I won’t/can’t mention here). I was just in a jovial mood at work (for a change) after eating my yogurt at my desk watching that cute video again ;-)

15. natch says:

June,
    I think the only offensive comment you could possibly make is if you said Rafa wasn’t hot. Then you would have the whole forum after you! ;)

16. June says:

Okay, Natch, that’s good I’m still cool & that makes me feel so much better! I would never, ever say RAFA wasn’t hot, IMO even if he was bald :-) He’s muy caliente (very hot, hot, hot) & probably always will be & stay the same!!!!

By the way, so is the weather here in St. Louis today.

17. faecoleman says:

boy would I like to be that bee!!! This video just reminds me even more how much I am missing Rafa!!! that fire, that desire and those delightful expressions of his. Fancy losing a match because of a darn bee? btw just loooooovee Rafa in green, its usually a lucky colour for him like last years @ RG and then queens and his first RG wasn’t he in green? love this colour on Rafa, complements his gorgeous pearcing eyes and sensuous lips, yes I’ll stop now…. seriously I am missing him sooomuch!!!

• nic says:

i know! i’m missing rafa’s delightful (stealing from you fae) ‘spressions :D i love how he’s so unselfconscious when he raises and eyebrow, makes a funny face, stares at something so intensely… too cute.

• mary says:

THAT BEE WAS ME. All the way from downunder. I meant to hide in his tidy whity’s but had a shift at the last second the green concealed me better. Ooooh very tasty!!!!!!!