Postcard from London

Rafa isn’t ready for do the ‘spressions…

1. naaz says:

Awwwwwwwww Rafa!!!!!!!! Cute smile! I really need cheering up. Miri, an appeal : I’m relatively new to this site and have alrady scoured the archives. However, these days when nadal news is going to be a little rare, could u plz plz repost some of ur earlier articles and videos of rafa that u have. In m desperation, i visited a site and u will not believe one of the the articles there had rafa completetly written off. The Prediction —
    2009 Wimbledon Champion—Roger Federer
    2009 U.S. Open Champion—Roger Federer
    2010 Australian Open Champion—Roger Federer
    2010 French Open Champion—Juan Martín del Potro
    2010 Wimbledon Champion—Stanislas Wawrinka
    2010 U.S. Open Champion—Andy Murray
    2011 Australian Open Champion—Andy Roddick
    2011 French Open Champion—Rafael Nadal
    2011 Wimbledon Champion—Roger Federer
    2011 U.S. Open Champion—Andy Murray

Can u freaking beleive it!!!!!!! Come on!!! I’ll love some reaction to this

• scorpio says:

What is that person smoking? Stanislas Wawrinka Wimbledon champ? Del Popo for the French Open next year? LMFAO

Just ignore stupidness like that…especially since it has nothing to do with reality and/or the topic of this post.

• loverafa4ever says:

lol. I think they are cracking joke of the millennium. Wawrinka Wimbledon champion, Andy Roddick Australian Open champion. U seriously gotto be kidding me. Nobody can make any predictions like this ever. So itz better to ignore all des stupid predictions…

2. tmi says:

That prediction is really a hogwash. It doesnt look like a positive prediction. Main aim of this prediction looks like he want to put down rafa. These predictions are matter of nothing to any rafa fans.

3. eliza says:

Oh Rafa…

I would be more than happy to teach you some British ‘spressions :)

4. aRafaelite says:

No offence, but bloody hell…!!! It’s not called the ENGLISH language (not AMERICAN) for nothing and if the rest of the world insists on learning “English” from American movies it’s their own ruddy fault they can’t understand us!!!! (Says an ex English teacher who’s fed up with Australians and Americans butchering our wonderful language. Thank you Roger for your gracious (if bordering on ingratiating?) comments! As for Ms. Sands – you should be ashamed of yourself! How do you think the English feel about you systematically eroding our beautiful language?! I suppose I should be grateful that nobody used the word “quaint” in this clip… (sighs, shakes head in not-quite-mock exasperation ;).

Naturally, Rafa is forgiven because Spanglish is delightful (a bit like a box of unlabelled chocolates – you never know quite what ‘spressions you’re going to get, but they’re all delicious!) and his smile in this clip is lovelier than a ray of sunshine after weeks of rain / the first daffodil in spring / strawberries and cream and a jolly good cup of tea all rolled into one, but as for the rest of them… words fail me!

Still, it was worth all the irritation to see Rafa smile again :D Thanks for posting!

When I went to Germany in ’86 as part of a University exchange group, I remember being very amused at the two camps of English speakers in our German hosts. About half of them had taken English and the other half American (there were separate courses). Hearing English spoken with a German/British accent was quite amusing to me! It was also amusing because all the English students got together to play cricket endlessly on the weekends.

5. sia says:

Hee hee aRafaelite …. Mattek-Sands’ sentence annihilation is so common here on N. American TV and just as irritating every time it is used. Whoops I’m sure the English teacher in you is wincing a bit at my sentence construction. I do love ‘jumper’ and ‘biscuit’; thanks Sam.

That Rafa-bit must have been quite old, no? But adorable!

Well, in America they speak American English, in the UK they speak British English and in Australia they speak…Australian English, I guess. Everyone’s going to be protective of “their accent”. I love them all.

But most of all I love Rafaccent… ;)

• johanne says:

Yes, everyone does not sound the same, thank goodness! And within all those countries, there’s accents/dialects GALORE. That’s what happens when English becomes a “common ground” language for people – it’s going to evolve and sound different all around the world. I live in Chicago and if I drive a couple hours to the southern part of my state, they have totally different accents and sound nothing like I do. On a similar note, I have a much easier time understanding Parisian French, compared to the accents in Southern France. I had a landlord who was from Marseille – I could not understand a word he said. Good thing I had roommates who could!!

And yes, I heart Rafaccent too!! So adorable is Rafa. :)

I no longer find English with a French accent sexy.

Sexy is English with a Rafaccent!

8. nic says:

teehee i totally burst out laughing when i saw rafa say he was not ready for ‘spressions! hahahaha sooooo cute. so adorable. and his gorgeous smile like a ray of sunshine. thanks heaps for posting this miri. i’m so cheered up seeing this one, even if it’s just 3 seconds of rafa time, it’s a classic. hehehehe.

9. skyejaden says:

Too, too cute.

And LOLOL “Loo who?”

Speed humps = Sleeping policeman.
    Is that a real English expression? I have never heard of that.

11. faecoleman says:

Rafa’s smile is like a breath of fresh air here, thanks for posting this. Btw couldn’t care less about these stupid predictions and anything else anti-rafa!