Paparazzi pictures

Since everyone’s wanting to link to the paparazzi pictures of Rafa that are circulating at this moment, please note: I loathe the paparazzi and do not want any private-time photos of Rafa on the site. He deserves his private time. I know that not posting them here won’t stop the paps from taking the photos, but I’d still rather not indulge them.

Thanks.

1. kefuoe says:

Right on.

2. dutchgirl says:

Way to go, miri! Private should remain private.

3. vamsi says:

u r absolutely right miri
    he spends enough time with his fans
    he also needs some off time

4. natch says:

God, I don’t even know about them/it(one photo? several?), or how one would look for something like that.

5. Ayliya says:

Kudos to you!

6. Mim says:

You rock Miri! I commend you! True Rafa fan!

7. tiemyshoe says:

Speaking of which, miri, I have some XCLUSIVE PHOTOZ FROM MALORCA to sell you!!!! HAWT STEAMY SPANISH BEACH ACTON, 10% DISCOUNT ON ALL PICS WITH 90%+ PRIVACY VIOLATION!!! Email me!

But I don’t care about your privacy! ;)

• tiemyshoe says:

LOL.

• Denizen says:

I’ll bet the pap perp in this case is named Benito something-or-other (Papparazzi-Barbadillo?) or a crony with good skills. Same guy who chronicled the Mauritius trip and takes the annual July beach photos. NOT the guy in front of the hotel in Paris, who was a true pap. NOT the people in front of Rafa’s fave London restaurant, who pissed Rafa off to the point of blogging about them. Just sayin’. [/voice of dissent]

• tiemyshoe says:

Hrm, I guess a lot of attention-starved celebrities set up their own paparazzi photo sessions, but I don’t know how you can assume that about Rafa. What purpose would staging pap shots serve for Rafa – especially considering that people are already speculating unkindly that he’s faking/exaggerating his injury, and any jet-ski, beach-fun shots would only exacerbate that. What would he be trying to prove – that he’s still got a girlfriend?

I mean, what would these assumptions be based on? Your own intuition, or dislike of Benito?

Anyway, IMO, if one decides that paparazzi are stupid, it doesn’t really matter who made what phone calls – esp. if you can’t tell for sure. It’s all one torrid celeb industry, and you can either decide to support it or not.

Denizen, that’s your opinion and you are entitled to it. But I prefer the photos not to be on this site.

Celebrities who arrange for paps to show up for some things and then bitch about them later deserve whatever they get. You dance with the devil; you give up the right to bitch if he steps on your toes. Nothing I’ve seen about Rafa suggests he’s dying for attention and wanting to have his private time photographed. And, given how much Xisca likes to stay out of the spotlight, if he wants to keep having private time with her, he certainly wouldn’t hire photographers to be there when she’s around.

I’m also not one of those people who think Benito or any part of Rafa’s team runs his life and makes all the decisions for him.

• faecoleman says:

I sooo agree with you Miri, I truly believe too that Rafa is the last person who would have anything to do with such publicity stunts! he never discusses his private life. Although he tries to be as polite as possible, (and that must be hard at times), its just not his style. I also agree that as shown through his determination on the court, he is a strong willed person and not the type to answer to his team only, I am sure he has his fare share of decision making more than people would like to believe, he is a grown man now, beyond his years in maturity and perfectly capable of making up his own mind.

8. sia says:

Miri, you were born to host this wonderful site.
    I think Rafael would be proud.