RG fourth round photos – batch 1

The photos of consolation… Since we need a lot of consoling, there will be at least one other batch.

(Photos by BERTRAND GUAY/AFP/Getty Images, LIONEL BONAVENTURE/AFP/Getty Images, Ryan Pierse/Getty Images, Clive Brunskill/Getty Images, CYRILLE CADET/AFP/Getty Images, and REUTERS/Charles Platiau)

1. johanne says:

Ugh. I hurt. I need to do something because I sure as hell will NOT be watching NBC’s stupid tape delay broadcast starting in a hour. Barf.

Thanks for still posting, miri. I would probably say screw it if I were you. ;)

One most take the losses with colm if one want so also enjoy victories.

(Screw that, I’m dealing with the loss by clicking on links and staring out into space and trying to not be pissed.)

OK, I dealt with it through having a cleaning spree in our flat, hoovering like mad. Still felt like crying…
        But it’ll be fine!

• johanne says:

I’m so not calm, it’s a little ridiculous. But I guess it just goes to show how difficult Borg’s records are to beat! Doesn’t mean Rafa can’t win more French Open titles though. The pressure will def not be the same for him next year. :)

I can’t believe either Sod, Davy, Murray or Gonzo will be a finalist. Apparently Sod was tearful in his presser. Fuck that. I really need to stop reading stuff.

He’ll win more.

Hey, Rafa gets to celebrate his birthday at home! That’s a positive, isn’t it?!

*sobs in silence at thought of not getting to see Rafa open champagne bottle and eat cake this year*

So what was up with him today, anyway? Any thoughts? Or shall we not speculate…

Oh, Rafa, sweetheart… You HAD to lose to a Swede, didn’t you?

Fab photos, miri. They just say it all. The last one is vulnerability personified. It’s that bare shoulder and the look on his face…

Ah well, Robin played great. Rafa had the worst day at the office ever. It’ll happen. Congratulations to Robin, he was worth winning, me thinks. (As much as it hurts to say it.)

Moving on to that thing that cows like! Wehey!!!

3. dutchgirl says:

It’s hurting again seeing these photos… I’m still trying to ‘be with colm’ but it ain’t easy. Something real, real good better will come of this!

Well, I firmly believe the 2008 Wimbledon win was because of the 2007 loss… He wasn’t going to let that happen again.

4. faecoleman says:

I too am trying to take the positives out of this, more wimby preperation etc, I donnow, this must be really tough on Rafa, lets hope Uncle Toni can get him through this most difficult loss, I just wonder if Rafa underestimated Soderling somewhat? bageling him in Rome and all, the same happened with Del Potro, he beat him in straights at Indian Wells and then in Miami he played lousy against him and lost, he was really pissed at this lost, and even thou he got through his clay season until Madrid, apart from Rome, I never quite felt comfortable watching Rafa, he was right, he knows best, Madrid was the worst preparation for Roland Garros, damn it I wish he hadn’t been so bloody loyal and gone there, it was a bad tournament for him, he really struggled, did no good for his confidence at all, god I am soo down today!!! how must Rafa feel? Well lets hope they put Madrid before Rome next year like Rafa has requested…

5. natch says:

Ahhhh…shirtless and the legs.
    *feels better*

*charters Rafanatic plane to Mallorca*
    Rafa, we’re on our way, dressed in frosting for you to lick off!
    ;)

6. June says:

I read your posts earlier today & couldn’t believe RAFA lost to of all else Soderling (ugh). Then I just got finished watching the taped match on TV & I’m in mourning now. It was sad reading that Rafa was disappointed w/the French crowd at RG who were not very supportive. That’s what broke my heart about what he must have felt about them not cheering for him. At least he has his birthday to look forward to w/his family & friends & can get some R&R in Mallorca & practice on his grass court. Ah yes, and then Wimbledon next month will hopefully have a good outcome for him again!