French Open Tonight

Interview from last night’s “French Open Tonight” on The Tennis Channel.

1. Diane says:

I was fortunate enough to see this last night, when it aired. But thanks, anyway: I could watch it over, and over, and over. :D
    Got my copy of Mens Fitness today. Now that’s how you market a product to those outside of your target demo. Saw his lovely mug peeping over the top of some other mags, and hey! presto! It’s off to the checkout.

2. skyejaden says:

Completely precious :)

3. johanne says:

YES! You found it! So gorgeous and so cute! I love when he has NO IDEA what Bill is asking him, and you see him stare off into space and swallow hard…Bill quickly realizes he has confused Rafa and rephrases his question, awwww. :)

4. SheIsBlessed says:

I love seeing these types of interviews with Rafa. Thanks for posting Miri

BTW have you seen the video of the crazy fan pursuing Rafa outside a hotel in Paris? He looked well pissed off!

Was that by some person posting tons of stalkery kind of videos of tennis players leaving hotels? ‘Cause I ain’t watching those. I saw one and then looked at their stream and felt like I needed a shower.

• SheIsBlessed says:

Yeah that’s the person, they don’t only stalk tennis players but all celebrities.

Rafa obviously didn’t want to be bothered but they couldn’t read it and even after he stopped to give them autographs and pictures they still ran after him!

5. loverafa4ever says:

Nice… i was wondering when he was going to do this interview… coz a lot of other players had already given an interview to french open 2nit…

6. Denizen says:

Thanks for posting this, miri. Doesn’t Rafa look relaxed and confident? Pretty much the opposite of Miami and Madrid. Love his continuing improves in English as well as his game.

Totally relaxed – and I love how he laughed off that “never lost” thing here. He’s still doing the *fingers in the ears lalalllalalala not listening!* thing on that.

• SheIsBlessed says:

Yes I noticed he didn’t say careera but career lol

• An says:

Yeah, i noticed that too…. I liked the careera tough, was so cute.
        But you could here that het set his verry concious off the fact that he always made a mistake on this word cause afterwards it was quite for a while, hehe, cute Rafa.

7. kefuoe says:

I thought Macatee did a great job with that interview. I agree that he was sensitive to when Nadal didn’t quite get the question at first. What’s striking to me, though, is how big Rafa looks in comparison to Macatee.

8. loverafa4ever says:

He actually pauses after saying “career”… :)

• An says:

sorry, i first commented and then read on!

But that was also cuter, like he was waiting for someone to compliment him on saying it right!!

9. faecoleman says:

Thanx Miri for posting this, love to see Rafa like this, he looks soo hunky here too, and so smiley, love those lips, he really does look so handsome here and he’s so modest with his answers, I’ll be watching this over and over, Thanks again!

10. killian says:

LOVED this! Thanks so much for posting it. I love that he says “illusion” for dream. . . but seriously, his English HAS gotten soooo good. And he seems happy and confident—-VAMOS!!!!

11. Lisa says:

I stayed up until 1:30am so I could get this on my dvr. It’s the perfect interview! Rafa’s adorable. Thanks Miri for posting it! I was hoping you would!!

12. tiemyshoe says:

His smiley, dimply-ness kills me. And the “I only have 22.” <3

Ahhh…this is a-do-ra-ble. Agree tiemyshoe, the dimple is sublime and I just want to grab that cheek of his and kiss it.

So, back from having floated in turquoise waves of the Mediterranean for a week (I was rudely awakened by a very small, but very angry looking, red jelllyfish yesterday before going back home) and I can totally see why the Raf loves his Mallorca. (And sunshine every day. Unlike last time I was there… )

Anyway, thanks, as always for all your posts Miri. It will take me a whole day to catch up!

14. Nada H. T says:

Thank you for the video.

Rafa is always wonderful, and it’s a pleasure to watch him.

15. natch says:

“If we don’t see you before next Wednesday…Happy Birthday.”
    –Bill Macatee

DAMN YOU, Bill!!! You cursed him!!!