Heart of kids

(At least, that’s what Google Translation is saying the title means.)

“Weekly Report looks at the incredible career of the young Rafa Nadal, after his second win consecutive Roland Garros.”

Posted by Indrila.

1. faecoleman says:

Awh this looks great, I so wish I could understand what he was saying, “the thoughts of a champion”, looking back there he sure has changed alot, so many more on court dramas since then too!

2. SheIsBlessed says:

Is it me or did the crowd sound like they were booing at 1:30?

• johanne says:

They are booing…I remember Rafa explaining this moment. I guess the translator at the ceremony apologized to him afterwards because he messed up Rafa’s words. Instead of saying what Rafa said (which was something along the lines of “Roger is the greatest player I’ve ever played against”) the translator said that Rafa was implying that he himself was the greatest player, so the crowd was like “What did he just say? Boooooo.” Poor Rafa. But I don’t think he was that upset about it, he was just like whatever, people make mistakes. He was “with colm.” ;)

• SheIsBlessed says:

Thanks Johanne for that. Stuff always gets lost in translation.

• johanne says:

Yeah it’s annoying when stuff like that happens. But if you watch the whole ceremony that miri posted a couple days ago, the crowd is cheering and clapping after everything else he says. So I don’t think it stuck with them. And knowing how polite Rafa is, it just doesn’t make sense that he would even say something like that. I’m sure people were confused! :)

3. Mim says:

Oh my gosh! Baby Rafa is to die for! (2:10 in the video)
    What a utter SWEETHEART! Then AND now! :D <3 <3 <3

4. nic says:

Hahahahahaha omg baby Rafa is so cute! Hahahahaha.