WTF? Rafa’s qualified for the WTF

(Seriously, they should have come up with a name that gave it a better acronym.) Rafa’s now officially qualified for the end of the year championships – it took this long? I thought just winning the Aussie qualified him.

“I am very happy to have officially qualified for the ATP World Tour Finals. To qualify for the event in London is great as it was one of my goals of the season and clearly something important that shows that this season has already been a great success for me. London is a city that brings me great memories since last year I won Wimbledon and Queen’s and the fans have really supported me each year that I’ve played there. I am really looking forward to this fantastic event that I am sure will be a great success,” said Nadal.

1. skyejaden says:

LOL!! I hadn’t even put that WTF together. Go ATP for creativity.

Wow yeah I would have thought he was already qualified. I love that he’s first. :)

2. faecoleman says:

Yes, its great and soo fitting that Rafa should be first to qualify. I have paid for tickets to go to this event and have yet to recieve my ticket from ticket master, has anyone else had this problem? thanks!

• Ali says:

I’ve also booked tickets but I don’t they are likely to be sent for a good long while.

3. eliza says:

faecoleman, I have booked tickets for the WTF (!) too. I think Ticketmaster often don’t send out tickets until a few weeks before the event, so no need to worry yet!

Yay for Rafa qualifying! Hopefully he will be fighting fit this November as it wasn’t the same without him last year.

4. faecoleman says:

Thanx for that Ali, Eliza, I was hoping that was the case since it doesn’t happen till November. Feel better now Phew!

5. nic says:

You lucky peeps get to see this!! I wish I was in the UK too just so I could go see the WTF :) All the top 8 players guaranteed to be seen playing (bar injury of course) – that would be the ultimate! Sigh. One can only dream…