Trophy ceremony

(Or the Rafa bits at least.)

1. johanne says:

Rafa’s smile at 4:45 makes me melt.

Love when he sweeps the confetti out of Roger’s hair…I don’t know why but I find this moment so sweet. Maybe bc Rafa is just so damn cute as he does it! :)

Awww…it’s so…sweet and caring when they sweep the confetti out of each other’s hair, I agree. Roger does it to Rafa too, first, I think. I really like these two together. I don’t mind Roger, he’s alright.

2. skyejaden says:

Thanks for this! I didn’t get to see the ceremony. I like that he doesn’t over do the accolades to Federer – usually he says so much more but he was right to the point with a nice little congrats. And very cute the way he “commiserates” with Caro. lol

He’s like the bright shining star against all those dark suits behind him! :)

3. kefuoe says:

Are they comparing the size of their checks to the womens’? I think that Roger’s and Dinara’s were the same amount.

Yeah, I think the men’s check was supposed to be smaller because of the big dispute that took place this year. I remember reading that Rafa (as well as others) were pissed at how they redistributed the prize money – giving more to the top finisher and taking away from the rest of the field. So, they re-did it so that no one would make less than last year and that meant the winners are making less than the winners on the women’s tour. The ATP site lists the winning prize amount as € 585,000.

• johanne says:

Ohhhhhhhh so that’s why Fed is like “Oooo good to know, I’m going to request this amount…” HA!

P.S. Rafa looks like a nosey little kid when he’s inspecting Roger’s check. But in a cute way, obviously.

4. patzin says:

I was hoping to find a vid focusing on Rafa’s part of the ceremony. Thanks. – Cute connection as always between Rafa and Roger.

5. tiemyshoe says:

See, this is more like the Rafa/Roger interactions of the good old pre-crying jag days. AO ceremony made people forget that.

Rafa is the cutest as usual. Love it when his feet get tangled in the silvery stuff.

7. dutchgirl says:

This is so sweet! I missed most of it because my internet connection got stuck all the time and I only got the sound, but only half of the images (also during the match, which was annoying). Good to see how Rafa and Roger interact, really relaxed.
    And that bowl looks even more silly when Rafa holds it behind his ‘famous ass’…

8. faecoleman says:

Awh Rafa looks far more handsome here and offering us all those cute smiles, just love those lips and eyes… I too loved it when he’s feet got all tangled, bless… and god bless Rafa…..!

9. miri says:

It’s grooming time at the zoo.

10. strobi says:

I really don’t know what to make of Roger. He seems all friendly with Rafa there, but then goes on and says not so very nice things about his game in the presser, when of course Rafa is not around. Go ahead, tell it to his face if you dare!

11. faecoleman says:

Hear hear Strobi, I am shocked too, I saw this ceremony live, and Safina did her speach in Spanish really impressive considering she is Russian, completely different language, but Roger seems so chatty with Rafa here, its been disspointing reading all the remarks he has made including Rafa’s game, Rafa is far too dignified a champion to re-act to any of these insults though. Besides he must be used to this by now from Roger….. its not the 1st time…