Madrid final photos

Some photos from today’s final against Federer.

(Photos by JAVIER SORIANO/AFP/Getty Images, PEDRO ARMESTRE/AFP/Getty Images, AP Photo/Andres Kudacki, AP Photo/Daniel Ochoa de Olza, REUTERS/Susana Vera, and REUTERS/Juan Medina)

1. dutchgirl says:

Thanks for the pics, great caps again!

*lol* at captions, Miri!

I think the 12th pic is quite romantic, no? Looks like Roger fancies a little nibble at Rafa’s lips there. In the next pic I think they’ve realised that this is perhaps not the time or place for snogging. So in the 16th pic Rafa suggests they wait until they get to the locker room, which is why they both look so happy in the 17th pic. No? (;

(Shall I add that I am terribly bored tonight…)

• Nada H. T says:

Loool … Thanks

you made me laugh though it was hard to after what happened today

3. SheIsBlessed says:

4. niki says:

Awesome captions. Half the check to Nole is priceless. And so completely spot on.

Rafa totally did not want that trophy/candy dish – not that he seemed all that upset about losing, rather he just thought the bowl was silly. Then again, perhaps he was a little sheepish for losing at home. What do I know?

5. johanne says:

Love the ‘happy boys’ pic – Rafa should def be a happy boy! Oooh and so smiley. *swoons*

Btw, for a tourney that’s trying to blow everyone’s socks off (did Tiriac really compare the Magic Box to the Taj Mahal?) you’d think they could afford some nicer trophies. A plate for Fed and a candy dish/doggie water bowl for Rafa? WTF.

• faecoleman says:

Funny you should say that Johanne, I was thinking the same thing, It looks more like the runners up plate that Rogers holding ha ha… and that bowl.. Rafa’ll use that for his chop chip cookies!!!

• kefuoe says:

Been thinking about this plate situation. Here’s my theory: if Rafa (or any other Spaniard had won, esp Verdasco) there was a gigantic, real (and bite-able) tennis trophy waiting for him. Since it was a Swiss guy, he got a plate.

• nic says:

hahaha you guys all make me laugh. doggie water bowl, priceless :) and yes kefoue, that idea is such a laugh, but totally, you never know! poor rog, a plate! a flipping plate after finally winning after so long. hahaha, it’s terrible. it really is funny how such a grand event has such silly no-impact trophies. think they ran out of budget and that was the first casualty.

6. skyejaden says:

LOL “you still get stuck with a plate” hilarious!!

7. patzin says:

Great pics and love the captions.