Madrid news coverage – Tuesday

Some of today’s coverage from the Spanish news:

Posted by luneworld.

vamosrafelnadal.

1. johanne says:

The guys who get to practice with Rafa have got to be thinking “jackpot!” Surely he’s one of the best players to train with. Unless you hate hard workouts.

Yeah, exctly what I was thinking. They must be queuing up! Although I can imagine Rafa being so intense in his training that HE probably doesn’t really notice who is on the other side of the net.

Like him with the head band like that, it looks comfortable, no?

2. faecoleman says:

I love to see rafa with his hanky type headband, reminds me of him in 2007 was it? when he wore his lovely deep aqua and black outfit. I wonder though, when he trains with his peers, being so intense, does it give them an advantage playing with Rafa? or its me being paranoid right? Probably I guess! I’m always worried they’ll suss him out or something….

• tiemyshoe says:

Well, he’s not hard to suss out – I don’t think there are any mysteries to the games of anyone in the top 5 – it’s the execution that’s the problem for opponents. I’m sure all of them could tell you how to beat Rafa.

• kefuoe says:

Good point tiemyshoe. I think today’s match with Melzer was a good example. He clearly had a game plan to serve and volley and be at the net as much as possible. He was only successful to the extent that he was able to execute (he did get something like 18/22 points at the net). But he was playing against a Nadal that was just not making mistakes. Melzer was going to have to be nearly perfect, too, in order to get anywhere.

3. An says:

Exactly… They know the game plan to beat him…They just are not good enough to execute it to perfection for a whole match!!

But training, well i would kill to train with Rafa, doing whatever…
    *dreams on*