Toni and Rafa

Another in the series posted the other day.

It’s so much fun seeing them smiling and laughing together. I love trying to figure out what Toni is talking about by the height of Rafa’s eyebrows. And if Rafa scoots any more forward in that chair, he’s going to turn himself into a soprano.

Posted by Nereis8.

1. skyejaden says:

I love this so hard!!! Sitting still is such an impossibility. XD

2. Libby says:

Oh, this is wonderful. My kingdom for a translation! :)

Absolutely adorable clip. It’s so cute to see Rafa almost regress into a child in front of his uncle. He seems so young here.
    I’m amazed how he can go from sexy man to sweet child so easily.

Hm…wish my Spanish was better. Only know that Rafa used to think of Toni as uncle mago, (mago=magician) and they might be talking about Rafa thinking that Toni could be invisible?! (Please somebody correct me if I’m wrong!)

And Miri, my eye sight is pretty good… (-:

(And no, I didn’t watch the clip all over again trying to look up Rafa’s shorts. I swear.)

4. dutchgirl says:

This is funny! Really amusing to see these two; I found myself smiling because of Toni cracking himself up, though I didn’t understand a word of it.
    I always find Toni has this smile in his eyes and I’ve seen a lot of videos in which he is laughing about what he’s telling. Funny.

5. tiemyshoe says:

Oh my, how awesome is this interaction? Rafa should do all his interviews with Toni, ’cause he’s way more relaxed and jokey and just … adorable. Love how Toni is cracking himself up so hard, and all the little ways you can tell they’re related.

6. miri says:

The thing that gets me about Rafa his how quickly his energy shifts from up to down or neutral: he’s laughing, smiling, looking at Toni and the interviewer…bamn! He’s looking down, unanimated and popping his knuckles. I get the feeling there’s not a lot of “in between” when it comes to Rafa.

7. miri says:

Nereis8 has been posting a few summaries of what’s being said in the comment thread of the video – here.

Ah, thanks for this! How sweet, they must have loved taking the mickey out of poor little Rafa so much.

8. johanne says:

I didn’t understand a word but I loved it all! Toni cracking himself up is great and also love how Rafa makes Toni laugh. It seems like we’re getting a little glimpse of their everyday world here…just how they really are as people – not as coach and tennis phenom. LOVE.

9. faecoleman says:

I found my self smiling like a cheshire cat watching this clip, Rafa does seem so young here next to Toni, and how cute is Rafa here? I normally refer to Rafa as sexy, but here he is so child like, lovely to see them joking together and relaxed and how they always are everyday I suppose. Absolutely loved this, thaanx Miri. super stuff!Rafa’s real world.

10. nic says:

omg this is way too cute! i love how rafa is listening so intently to toni at the start and how toni is laughing himself to tears. haha he seems to always be cracking himself up. always at the expense of rafa too haha. and love the way rafa is like sliding down the chair and sliding back up. oh, and how he was doing something funny over toni’s head, rafa really does seem so child-like here :)

looking at the translation on Nereis8’s YouTube site, rafa is explaining how he used to think toni could make him invisible hehe. so cute. they just look so adorable and relaxed together. i love this pair. what an awesome combination they make. all the usual negative ideas of family members coaching/ managing athletes is as far removed as possible from this duo as you could imagine.

11. Nada H. T says:

so sweet ..

I can understand now how they can interact on a daily basis

Uncle Toni is just as adorable as Rafa ;)

They have the same “Pffff” at 1:30 the one that Rafa produce

when he feels speechless

Thanks 4 the vid.

12. riqoueiardo says:

i see what the great ‘sky’ means..thought he was pulling my leg. actually i never thought ‘toni’ was so like myself in means of a laugh..i coulnd help it either,..