Madrid Saturday – presser and practice photos

Here’s a few photos from today’s presser and practice to gnaw on.

(Photos by AP Photo/Daniel Ochoa de Olza, AP Photo/Paul White, Clive Brunskill/Getty Images, and AP Photo/Paul White)

Enjoy! I’m off to get a few of my own hairs cut.

1. Marla says:

I often find myself mesmerized by his hands, too… and other things. It amazes me still that he draws bigger crowds to his practices than most players draw to their matches.

2. johanne says:

I’m particularly drawn to photos 6 & 10. *nom nom nom*

• Marla says:

Yeah. My mother made pillowcases for my kids with pictures of them she had on her computer, wonder if I could get her to make me one out of one of those pics. I’m not sure if i would sleep like a baby or get no rest at all.

3. tiemyshoe says:

Hrmm, how do you say “grumpy” in Spanish?

4. ekattor says:

I dont know, but I agree with Tiemyshoe here. IMO He looks a bit annoyed(?)in his presser photoes. I mean what do u need to concentrate on a presser for??

BTW, he looks hot even in a pissed mood!

After reading the quotes, I might have to agree. 5th Major + Blue courts + Changing traditions = Rafa grumpy. ;)

I do think he often has to concentrate pretty hard in presses – especially when being asked questions in English by people with intense accents.

• kalliopeia says:

….the courts aren’t really going to be blue, are they?

Oh God, can you imagine how much more of a smurf Djokovic is going to look with that shirt and those shoes once he gets a nice layer of blue clay all over his feet and socks?

5. faecoleman says:

I agree, if he’s not happy with conditions he is sure going to be grumpy. Lovely pics though… grumpy or not.. Thankyou.!!!

6. nic says:

Rafa totally sounds peeved at this kick-off presser. And looking at your news feed Miri, all the press is saying that Rafa is slamming the Madrid tourney. Hhmm.. I’m sure he wouldn’t want that to have been the take-out from his presser cos knowing him, he wouldn’t want to be seen as being negative towards a ‘home’ tourney. But it’s great that that doesn’t stop him from saying what he thinks on the blue clay, a 5th slam, timing of the event, as well as the unpreparedness of the venue. Rafa just doesn’t seem to be too excited about this one.
    Anyway, just gotta say, he is looking hot as ever in these pics. I love the last one, the lighting, and the way it seems to capture him with such intimacy, gorgeous.

I go away for a weekend and come back to blue courts and Rafa dissing a tournament! What on earth’s going on?!

Thanks for the photos, Miri, as always.
    Beautiful hands, to me, is one of the most important parts in a man’s good looks and Rafa sure does have beautiful hands. I can stare at them for ages…just like Rafa does himself in that second pic! (-:

8. nic says:

I totally agree on that one with you CC. Gorgeous hands on a guy are really sexy. And Rafa’s got absolutely perfect hands. Even with all that gnawing they’re still pretty. And yet they’re his deadly weapon on court!

9. faecoleman says:

I totally agree, he has really nice hands considering how many callouses they have, sign of a real hard worker.. I don’t think there is anything about Rafa that I doo dislike actually!