[Updated] Barcelona day one

Rafa’s already in Barcelona and hard at work. Here you can see him on the practice court and walking back to the players’ lounge following a press conference. Oh, and Rafa? Thanks for making me feel even more ancient by wearing those shorts.

Updated: – added some photos from a book promo:

Spanish tennis player Rafa Nadal at a presentation of the book “Play, set and game” inspired by Rafa Nadal’s life and written by Jordi Sierra i Fabra on April 20, 2009 in Barcelona.

(Photos by Jasper Juinen/Getty Images, AP Photo/Manu Fernandez, and JOSEP LAGO/AFP/Getty Images)

1. kefuoe says:

#5 = a king surveying his kingdom

• nic says:

haha i absolutely love that pic. never seen anything like that of rafa before. its like a bit of a private moment, in a really nice setting. so cute.

OH MY DEAREST, LOVELIEST GOD… Sometimes I love NIKE sooo much… I mean HOW gorgeous does Rafa look in that colour, teamed with his bronzed skin? And the shorts…? *flove* them!!!

• nic says:

OMG i so concur with you on that! I am soooooooo in love with Rafa in that hot pink absolutely lovely tee and those super funky sexy shorts. Only he can pull that off and look absolutely gorgeous. You’d never see Roger in that kinda stuff that Nike makes. I swear more and more they’re making Rafa their major clothes horse – every tournament new jacket, hoodie, tees, shoes (off court ones), everything! They obviously think he can help to sell more product this year with his new look. They are doing one fine job with the colour palletes on Rafa. Then again, don’t think you could go wrong with any colour on him! The pink shirt he’s wearing btw is a track and field one, not generic Nike or tennis-related, so they really are putting all sorts of funky stuff on him, just like that retro hoodie he was wearing last week I think when Spanish tv interviewed him practicing back in Mallorca.
      Hey, has anyone seen the hot pink Nike collared shirt that they’re selling on tennis warehouse? it’s kinda like a feature product on the atp site and think i read somewhere that that was gonna be Rafa’s look at Roland Garros??!!! Imagine that, now that’s a really radical choice I would say, but damn he’ll definitely get lots of people talking about it I’m sure.

Yeah…I know, he looks SO. GOOD. here. It has to be said again.

I’d love to see Rafa in hot pink at RG, that would be fantastic.

I went to the big NIKEtown store in London last week (mainly because my sister wanted to go), but instead of looking at the clothes I ended up staring at a WALL covered in three ginormous Rafa ‘V for victory’ posters. After that I wanted to buy the whole shop. So yes, they sure can use him to sell!

3. tiemyshoe says:

Uh, is Rafa out of clean laundry? ‘Cause there is no excuse for that outfit, kid. (He remains, however, adorable above the neck.)

#6 – I’m such a fan of photos of Rafa doing his warm-up exercises, and that particular one takes an insane amount of core strength. I know because I tried something like it once (except with much, much less leaning forward), and still almost immediately fell on my face. Just looking at that photo makes my face hurt.

WHAAA???!!! He looks AMAZING!!!
      Sorry, different strokes for different folks… (-:

Those shorts look like pj bottoms to me, so I had the same thought about clean laundry.

And for all the talk of Rafa’s biceps, his on court power comes from that “insane amount of core strength”

4. johanne says:

FLOVE the pink! And FLOVE the knee & ankle exposure in #1 – all that leg! Is there any part of Rafa that isn’t gorgeous?!

*sigh*

5. faecoleman says:

What can I say, gorgeous Rafael Nadal, in any outfit!

6. Mary says:

Carlos is looking good! Then again, when does he ever not? Oh and Rafa looks fabulous in pink!

7. kalliopeia says:

The picture with the book slays me. He is SUCH a nerd. He stepped right out of Alex P Keaton’s Casual Dress Academy and into that picture.

8. vie says:

first time posting comments in nadal news :D, thanks miri for your fabs posts!!
    btw, does anyone know whether the book will be available in english version? *fingers crossed*